How to make an IMPACT in an email to a possible investor? This is an actual email that I recently sent to a possible investor. First I want you to read the letter and after I will mention all the small things I did to leave an IMPACT in this email to a possible investor. The name has been left out for their privacy, however this is a copy of the email exactly.
Thank you for taking the time to hear about my movement.
I think it’s appropriate to start this off with the quote that has kept my mission alive. “I’m not a candidate, I’m part of a movement. The movement is the candidate, there is a difference. You don’t see it but I do.” Havey Milk
My movement it’s about one thing:
1.5 Million dogs get rescued every year, and over half get returned.
How do you train/educate close to 750,000 people at once?
The dog industry has managed to become a 60-Billion-dollar industry yet we are a failing business with a return rate of over 50%. This is not ok! We are profiting off our failures, not solving the problem because it is what makes the industry millions of dollars. This is similar to how our biggest problem right now is that we have more people incarcerated per capita than any other country not to mention the return rate in that industry.
THIS IS BIG. THIS IS A BUBBLE THAT IS GOING TO POP!
We Are Dog Training is providing an exclusive platform for NO PAIN dog trainers to showcase their story & skills in order to provide a constant educational content from different perspectives.
The #1 problem for the common dog owner is they have too many variables for how to train their dogs, including primitive methods that should already be banned like shock, choke, prong or e collars. In any equation the more variables the more possible outcomes. I believe that by unifying dog trainers together to stand behind one specific method of training we can guarantee the outcome, disrupting the dog industry.
I believe that if the public is given an outlet for free educational content in the form of videos from a variety of dog trainers showing how they get results using no pain dog training style that anyone can do from their home in their daily life; we can unify an industry and make change.
I am writing a book, a blog, and establishing the YouTube Platform. However, this is bigger than just me. I have dog trainers from all over the USA on board, filming content for their featured channel. This will evolve to be a Facebook for the Dog Life community.
I wanted to keep this short. I hope I have made my message clear & you see my “WHY”.
Included are a few of my relevant blog posts I hope they help you get a better understanding behind this problem. If you want to discuss further I have many more ideas about this. This is only the beginning. Hopefully this is that one moment that changes everything! Thanks again.
I appreciate you taking the time to read this. I am open to teaming up.
The Dog Training industry has to be disrupted, bottom line.
The Biggest American Secret is that we are able to profit off our failures & The Blind Insanity of making money but not making a difference.
How One Dog Trainer Disrupted the Entire Industry by Bringing Dog Lovers together in a Movement of NO PAIN Dog Training!
The Dog Training Industry’s Biggest Secret They Don’t Want You To Know!
DOG TRAINING INDUSTRY VS The Blog Post They Don’t Want You to Read.
Dylan Maxwell Blau
Instagram- Wearedogtraining #wearedogtraining
Snapchat- Dylan Blau
Twitter- Dylan Blau & We Are Dog Training
Youtube- We Are Dog Training
Now that you have finished reading this letter. Please comment on what you liked about it.
Lets see what you noticed…. Please post 3 things that you liked about this email.
DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR 3 THINGS
OK so the first rule to getting making an impact email is to keep it short. This is going to be extremely hard for you because you will want to over compensate. Most people think an Investor wants you to write them a long letter selling your whole life story and why you are worth the investment. This is wrong.
Rule #1 Don’t count on getting the Investment- BE INDIFFERENT
- If you write a impact email write it as if you are already a success.
- Don’t ask for money & Don’t mention money
- Whether you get a response back or not, you are still you.
- The common business sends out hundreds of emails to prospect
- You have to do things different and disrupt the patterns
Rule #2 Don’t be afraid to start things off in an untraditional way
- Use a quote
- Dont use Dear Mr/Mrs
- Your first sentence has to get their attention and set the tone
- Have 5 people read your first line, did they want to know more?
Rule #3 Have one clear message or point to focus on
- Dont over sell yourself
- What is the one thing that makes you stand out
- Its better to say less
Rule #4 State the Problem & Your Solution very clearly
- Create the problem
- Explain your solution
Rule #5 Have a Sense of Urgency, whats the bottom line?
- The 4 year business plan is dead
- 6 months or less to make it happen
- Have you put in the work already?
- Did you make the job easy for them?
- Is your business easy to understand for an investor?
- Can they see where their money will go & how it can be returned?
Rule #6 Leave them wanting more
- If you can’t say what you need to say in a short letter you need to re focus
- If your letter doesn’t leave them wanting more, ask yourself why?
- If they want to learn more did you make it easy for them?
- Be mysterious
- Your email is a TEASE not a TEST
- Be confident that you can do this on your own
- No one wants to do the work for you
Rule #7 Write the way you talk
- People read and remember easier when you write how you talk.
- After you write its ok to restructure
- Read each sentence out loud
Rule #8 Make sure to thank them for their time
- Time is money
- A thank you can go a far way
- Be humble
- Dont tell your story, or try to make them feel bad for you
Rule #9 Be original
- Dont do something someone has done before
- Experiment as much as possible
- You are unique, don’t be like everyone else
- Investors get hundreds of emails a day if not thousands
- What makes you stand out? Or did you make yourself irrelevant?
- Don’t play it safe, EVER
I hope these rules for writing an Impact Email to a possible Investor has helped you.
Please comment below if it was helpful, or if you have other questions you want answered.